AAA plus - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 10th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Caribsurf
Donald McDowell
Black 1997 D-90 soft top

AAA plus

See a lot of threads about break downs and being towed and the expenses that goes along with it. This might info be obvious to some but helpful to others that AAA has a service AAA plus that includes free towing for up to 100 miles.;This along with all the other benefits a AAA membership offers. Might be a way of getting home instead of leaving your truck in a foreign town. That's my 2 cents
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 10th, 2006, 11:42 AM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

AAA Plus is only offered after you've been with them on their regular program for 3 years or so. I was told this last year and said no way.

I signed up with AARP - as a secondary member. I've used them twice already to haul the truck to the mechanic - excellent service both times. Price is the same/better for single membership and better for dual.
Old September 10th, 2006, 01:14 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Yup, I keep the AAA plus card in the Defender. Came in handy when I busted a CV in the RRC. They sent a flatbed.

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 10th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Caribsurf
Donald McDowell
Black 1997 D-90 soft top

Not sure about that Arthur, because I was not yet with them a full year and they offered me the AAA plus program. I am in Florida (Auto Club South) so maybe they have different rules. With all the elderly down here many customers wouldn't be around before their 3 year trial period finished.
Old September 10th, 2006, 08:24 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

Perhaps policies differ by location. I had Plus years ago and cancelled it because of lack of use. Got it then from the start - no shit requirements like recently. I was shocked when they wouldn't do it this time - even to a previous member!

Each auto club has its horror stories but so far I love my AARP.

Can't wait to be of retirement age to get their newsletter!
Old September 10th, 2006, 09:54 PM
mattarm
Matt
1993 D110

When I joined AAA last year, I was allowed to join at the plus level, and for some reason I think my towing distance is 150 miles.
Old September 10th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Mark M
Mark Mathews
'94 Beluga Black ST

Here in So. Cal. AAA also offers a "premium" level. It provides one tow up to 200 miles and an additional 3 100 mile tows (plus other benefits) for $102 per year. I don't know if there are prior membership requirements, but I think it is a bargain. If you need to use it once every couple of years for a long tow I think it pays for itself. Here in CA it also is great since I can go to the AAA office for almost all DMV visits (registration, titling, etc).
Old September 11th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Caribsurf
Donald McDowell
Black 1997 D-90 soft top

AAA is a pretty good program, it pays for itself if you use it once. I have also gotten some great hotel and car rental discounts using the membership. I guess the towing programs differ state to state, but all in all it is nice to know you have it when driiving a 10 year old Defender.
Old September 11th, 2006, 05:59 PM
smenzel
Sandro
1967 Series IIA

I've been considering AAA membership for some time now. This is good information. Thanks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions