A little more leg room - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 19th, 2013, 03:07 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

A little more leg room

So nutty idea here as I would like to get a little more room out of the bed of the 90. Thought would be if someone was making a prefabbed rivetable tray for the left and right that I could put in place of the unused space in front of the rear tire. So pretty much cutting 6-8 inches in the tub and riveting in more floor space. Also behide the rear tire on the driver's side, riveting in a cuby storage box from the inside. I search and most of the discussion was around a putting in a locker or showed a picture of the older 110s with a storage spot inside behind the rear drivers side wheel.

Anyone know of this type of tray?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 19th, 2013, 03:14 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

What is it you plan on doing back there?

Old August 19th, 2013, 04:52 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

no real plan

no real plan. I have a set of the land rover lock and folds and now have 2 kids so eventually I would like them to have some foot room and it seems like unused space or spaces. I already installed a spare european gas tank which you access by lifting up the passengers seat cushion where the passenger locker was so no need to put another tank of any kind. I just think there could be more "nokes and crannies" in my Thomas English Vehicle.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions