A/C Hoses - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 18th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Adam Knox
95 ST AA Yellow
A/C Hoses

I've just been reading the oil line discussion and see how relatively easy it can be to make up these oil lines. Would this same type setup work for the hoses for an air conditioning unit? I'm going to be installing one on a 95 in the near future and would like to renew all the belts and hoses, but have had a diffficult time finding the hoses. Also does anyone have instructions or tips for the install. Thanks for the help.

Old September 18th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team
I attempted to make two of my own AC lines using off the shelf fittings, and while they were functional, they eventually both failed. Now that was on a diesel, but the the vibration eventually caused cracks in the aluminum parts of the line.

Find a nearby Thermoking, they fabricate hoses all the time and can make you something for probably the same price as land rover parts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions