A/C blower motor - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 9th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
A/C blower motor

I think there is something wrong with my a/c motor. It seems to be hitting something while spinning. Sometimes it just stops. I can hear plastic hitting like if you place something plastic in a fan. Anyone have any suggestions and how to get to this particular part. At least she held out through the summer for me.
If I have to replace the blower motor where is the best place to get one.
Thanks

By the way, I finally got a place with a garage for my girl and this is how she has treated me:

Day I moved in a 2x4 fell on the wing leaving a nice dent.
Second day I after I moved in she broke down and I needed a new starter, WAITED 5 HOURS on the side of the road for those as&%holes at AAA. thanks to Mike at LRWC it wasn't too painful.

6th day after moving in the clutch started to act up.......had the system drained and refilled......

2 week mark the a/c blower motor stops.

This is how she repays me for finally giving her in a dry garage....

WTF........oh well, she is worth it. She is like a trophy wife, looks damn good but isn't helping out much recently...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 9th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

I would pull the blower off, there's only a few bolts holding it on. Something probably just got sucked in the vent.

What you are experiencing with your 90 is normal. 90s don't like to be inside, they don't even like to have there top on! When you put it in the garage it is not happy. It feels the opposite of what you think! Think about a real rainy day, what normally happens to you while driving in your 90? You get WET! And why? Well you put the 90 in the garage thinking it would be happy all nice and dry, well your 90 likes getting wet so it lets some rain in because it thinks you like getting rained on as much as it does. Solution, only use the garage when the 90 is sick, that way it gets all the Rain and fresh air that it wants.
Old September 9th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
THANKS MIKE,
I will no longer use the garage and remove the top as well. Do they like to be left outside during snow storms as well with no top. I never knew that before. All this time and I know now what the problem was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 9th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

OH yes! they love the snow, I don't put on any top until after the first snow storm.

The blower comes off of the condensor easy, if I still had mine I would be able to give you better instructions.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
motor