'97 SW interior lights - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 23rd, 2007, 10:55 PM
jim_harriger
Jim Harriger
1997 D90 S/W

'97 SW interior lights

hi gang! been off the forum for a while, but getting back into enjoying the D90 again. been doing some
work on it this week (rust repair, remove A/C- don't need it here in seattle, and want the legroom, installing
GPS and Ham Radio mounts, etc.).

anyway, when i'm all done, the dome lights don't work. when i open the door (any door, all behave the same),
the light flickers, then flashes 5 times, at about 1 Hz (1 flash per second). i'm afraid i've injured the timer module somehow. i've reseated the connectors on the module, and it used to work fine, and since all three doors cause the same behaivor, i don't think it's the door switches. is there a way to test it? anyone know where i can find a wiring diagram? i have a workshop manual, but can't find a wiring diagram in it.

anyone got any other hints?

thanks all!

Jim Harriger
Duvall, WA
'97 D-90 #2368, alpine white
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 25th, 2007, 08:46 AM
GaryBaxter
Gary Baxter
None

I had the same exact symptons after I soundproofed my roof. I must have accidentally grounded the dome light when re-installing it and blew the fuse. The fuse is in the fuse box in the engine compartment.
Old December 28th, 2007, 08:39 PM
jim_harriger
Jim Harriger
1997 D90 S/W

Smile

ding, ding,ding: we have a winnah! Thanks, Gary. that was it. the fuse labelled clock/horn. my wife asks "how's that work, then?" i have no f'in' idea, sez me, but it's working now.

thanks all!

jim harriger

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
97, ht, interior, lights