97 Starting problem - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 18th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold
97 Starting problem

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

My 90 has trouble starting. It cranks but doesn't start all the time. more so when hot. New fuel pump has been installed. Also the front condensor fan isn't coming on. Bypassed the ecm and it came on so my mechanic thought it was the ECM.... but put a another ECM from a 96 Disco and the same problem is happening.

Any ideas?

Great place to buy Rover parts: www.europeanpartsllc.com
Old May 18th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I have never seen a rover in person
How about the coolant temp sensor? Does it start when you put your foot on the gas while cranking? Does it sputter and try to start? Do you smell raw fuel while/after cranking?

PS I will give you 12k for her as she sits.
*not legal advice*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

97, start, starting