97 NAS Right Fender Question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 10th, 2013, 01:20 PM
technichen
Stephen
1997 D90

97 NAS Right Fender Question

Hello Everyone,
I'm having a time locating the correct fender for my new D90 project.
I recently acquired a 97 NAS D90 with some front end damage. Needless to say I need to replace the whole Right Wing and fender. I have found a few fenders from different sources but none exact. My D90 has the windshield and roof bars and so I need to find a fender with the correct cutout for the bar to mount. Is this something I have to do on my own? I'll add a pic for reference. Thanks for the help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 10th, 2013, 01:25 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/ALR8208G.cfm
http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/ASR1876G.cfm

those are the '97 parts and the correct part numbers. shop around for optimal price.
Old December 10th, 2013, 01:31 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

If you get a fender without holes, the are easy to cut yourself. 95/97 NAS are the same fenders, but you need to be careful to find one with the correct hole for the marker light as, for example, 93/94 NAS are in a different spot.
Advertisement

Old December 10th, 2013, 01:39 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
That particular side is ALR8208 - there used to be a random guy selling them for $150 shipped on eBay but he's been out of stock for a few years now if I recall. Check the vendor section here, contact them, and see if they have any. I think Safari Heritage Parts had some a while back, but not sure about these days. Ensure that you take notice of where the location of the turn signation, as the 1993-94 ones were set back further than the 1995-97 ones.

------ Follow up post added December 10th, 2013 01:40 PM ------

woops. That's what I get for hitting send after getting called away for a few minutes. Ditto what they said.
Old December 10th, 2013, 01:44 PM
technichen
Stephen
1997 D90

Thanks for your help!

I though about going ABS just for durability reasons but who knows...well and the rest of the wing to boot
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

I put the plastic/ABS ones on one of the rebuilds. You can not tell the difference from looking at it. Just need to use a plastic primer first. I don't know if I would do it again but haven't had a problem with it either. You will most likely be able to find a fender cheaper with out the hole and just cut it out yourself.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
97, ht, nas, right fender