97 low pressure A/C hose source - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 14th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Dennis Newman
*SOLD*Conniston 97 NAS 90
97 low pressure A/C hose source

My tranny cooler lines wore a hole into the low pressure a/c line and my aluminum welding skills turned a pin hole into a dime size hole. I have temporarily plugged it with epoxy however I need to replace the line sooner or later. Another problem is the nut holding the line to the evaporator inside the truck is on TIGHT and I can't get it off either. I think i will dremel cut the nut when I replace it but before I start that I need a new hose.
Does anyone know of a source other than factory OEM or RDS that I can get a hose? I am not sure if Disco's use the same side or not? Again its the low pressure side I need.
Any thoughts?

Old June 15th, 2004, 12:39 AM
1989 110SW 1 of 2,000,000
I would not buy a factory hose. Find an auto A/C shop that makes braided lines and they will re-use your old fittings. A braided stainless steel line should outlast both you and your truck and I would bet it is cheaper than a LR factory hose. One other item if you go with the LR hose. There are 5 different hoses used for the 97's around the world. Try to read the part number off the one you have, it will save you a lot of hassle. Good luck....
:O [==] O:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions