97 Fuel Pump Relay Location? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 28th, 2007, 12:27 AM
fleabus
Dan
None :(

97 Fuel Pump Relay Location?

Got in the truck this afternoon to go buy some limes, turns over like a champ, but doesn't start. I also don't hear the familiar fuel pump hum when I turn the key as I normally would.

I started checking the fuses in the center console and all looks normal.

After reading through dozens of threads it sounds like I need to check the fuel pump relay, but I don't know were to look. Some threads mentioned silver boxes, under the seats or in the engine compartment in a white metal box??

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I really need some limes

Cheers!~

-Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 28th, 2007, 08:04 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
they should be in the passenger side seat box at the back, two little silver relays, I am not sure the difference between the 95 and 97 so I am assuming
Old April 30th, 2007, 12:27 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

97 Fuel Pump Relay Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleabus
Got in the truck this afternoon to go buy some limes, turns over like a champ, but doesn't start. I also don't hear the familiar fuel pump hum when I turn the key as I normally would.

I started checking the fuses in the center console and all looks normal.

After reading through dozens of threads it sounds like I need to check the fuel pump relay, but I don't know were to look. Some threads mentioned silver boxes, under the seats or in the engine compartment in a white metal box??

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I really need some limes

Cheers!~

-Dan
Dan:
Talk about coincidence. I had the exact same problem this weekend with my '97.

Like you, I researched many threads, trying to focus on ones with problem '97's. Two posts "Fuel Pump, Switch, Relay, or Wiring" and "97 NAS Stalls Out and Dies" both from 2005 appeared most applicable to the '97:
...Fuel pump relay is next to engine compartment relay in the engine compartment....

The '97 uses one multifunction fuel pump relay. George @ RDS doesn't carry it. AB has the genuine part in stock. Their item # YWB100820LG.

Garth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 30th, 2007, 06:16 PM
BarryO
Barry O'Mahony
97 D-90 SW LE

I thought the fuel pump fuse was in the engine compartment on the '97's (if I'm remembering correctly)?

The relay in the '97's is in the engine compartment as well, inside a white rectangular box on the passenger side.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
97, fuel, relay