Defender Source Forum banner

'97 D90 external gearbox cooler pipes.

Tags
90 97 97 d90 d90
1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  kiphartzell 
#1 ·
This discussion started under the 'Wanted' section but thought it is now more appropriate for this section since I am still trying to understand the External Gearbox Cooler setup on the '97 D90 and could use some help....

kiphartzell said:
Hmmm, Can anyone confirm? Pictures from a '97 D90 would sure be helpful... Parts manual lists a different radiator, ESR3685, for automatic D90s (from SA977128). The parts manual also lists three seperate auto oil cooler lines; ESR3695(used also on D1), ESR4218, and ESR4219. Finally, the listed external gearbox cooler, FTC5360 only has two connections. Unless I am missing something, these gearbox cooler lines on a '97 D90 route through the radiator on Left Hand side (or something else) just like D1's and RRC's. I have a paper Parts Catalogue, RTC9962FN and also verified that the LR Dealership has the same parts breakdown. Then again, these have been known to be inaccurate before.....

I am still looking for help on this. It would appear that the '97 gearbox cooler pipes do not route through the radiator; However, the parts manual breakdown lists 3 pipes. Does anyone know the correct routing of the pipes and what the correct LR PNs are for these pipes.... Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.