97 d90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 22nd, 2005, 09:48 PM
hummer16
Ben Allen

97 d90

Hi guys,
Im in the market for a 97 d90, i am wondering what is the diff between the "LE" and the normal 97? Also is they a big advantage trying to find one with low miles and how does the price compare with high to low milage?

Any input will help

Thanks
Ben Allen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 22nd, 2005, 10:14 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

The LE is just a package...it has a special willow green color, a rack and diamond plating. It really is a great looking truck. But, as far as I know, those are the only differences.

As for milage, it all depends on what you want to do with it... of course low mileage means a higher cost, but a well cared for higher milage truck is not a bad thing.

Old November 22nd, 2005, 10:20 PM
hummer16
Ben Allen

Thanks
Is there anyone on here that has a truck with higher than normal miles that has been well cared for that is willing to sell? Or that has one with low miles?

thanks
Ben Allen

Follow-up Post:

Also there is one that just came onto ebay a couple of hours ago with over 100k what would be a fair price.
Link below, also by chance would anyone in that area be able to take a look at it over the holiday weekend

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-...spagenameZWDVW

Thanks,
Ben Allen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 23rd, 2005, 09:03 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Ben, be careful of Ebay.

I would closely watch www.landroverexchange.com. I bought my '97 there 4 years ago with 85K miles, it was an AZ truck and in perfect (stock) shape.
Old November 24th, 2005, 06:25 PM
BarryO
Barry O'Mahony
97 D-90 SW LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90
The LE is just a package...it has a special willow green color, a rack and diamond plating. It really is a great looking truck. But, as far as I know, those are the only differences.

As for milage, it all depends on what you want to do with it... of course low mileage means a higher cost, but a well cared for higher milage truck is not a bad thing.
The LE SW were the last 300 brought into the USA, and as such have special ID plates; e.g., "233/300". The Willow Green paint was not available on other D90's. Additional standard equipment included the diamond plating, running boards, the Safari Cage rack, and AC.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, 97, 97 d90, d90