97 arles blue d90 SW thinking about selling - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 26th, 2006, 12:39 PM
steved90
steven melnyk

like i said, the truck is worth that much to me, so sorry if what i want for it is offending everyone. i am more than willing to keep it and wait to get what i want for it. i would hate myself to get much less than 36-38 for it. but i will sit on it and wait for the right buyer who it is worth that much for. like i said a guy i work with is interested in it and doesn't think that the price is out of line, and has seen it and is just like you said always wanted one and loves that color, so i will wait. thanks again guys for the positive responses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 26th, 2006, 12:59 PM
kellymoe
kevin
defender 130

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steved90
well then maybe i am on the wrong board!

guess it doesn't really pay to be honest in this world that we live in anymore. and a real thank you to chris and the other guy who backed me on what one price means to one person and not another ,for real.

-steved90
I think everyone who responded to your post were being honest. And I didn't see any over the top responses, just people who were a little surprised to see it priced so high. I was a little surprised to see you price it that high considering how much time you have spent on D-90.com You have to know your audience. Like someone said, you probably will get that price if you are willing to wait, but it most likely wont be someone who frequents this site. Lighten up, nobody attacked you, they were just a little surprised at the price and let you know it. Good luck selling the car, if I had $40k disposable income I'd buy it
Old July 26th, 2006, 01:32 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved90
well then maybe i am on the wrong board!
I think you're in the wrong section Steve. If you wanted to sell it without the opinions, which you solicited, then put it in the For Sale section to avoid this type of feedback. I've see a few others post on the for sale board and mention they too were on the fence. I think Phil has done it at least twice!

Quote:
like i said before the dude with the white 97 for 39,500 got no reaction from you with 65k on it but mine with 43k on it and blue at 40 got all kinds of mostly negative responses? why?
You asked for the opinions about selling your vehicle and you got a fair response from people who know what these vehicles are really worth. Dave Marchand explianed it perfectly. The "dude" you're refering to posted his D90 in the For Sale seciton Steve.

Good luck with the Sale Steve.

DJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 26th, 2006, 01:53 PM
BarryO
Barry O'Mahony
97 D-90 SW LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
Well, lets not bargin basement ourselves too much. There have been some nice shape trucks priced higher than what some of the regular members would normally go for, here for a number of reasons, but the site has a lot of visitors that are not regular members or even registered who are looking for the nicer trucks and $40K is price that is acceptable to them.
True. There's no guarantee that the population sample here reflects the market. Lest we forget, wasn't there a mint 97LE for sale awhile ago for >$70K? I got a kick outta showing that to my wife; "why do the cars you buy always appreciate in value? They're not supposed to do that".
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

Steve,

I was not "offended" by any means--I was upset in that I don't like to see regulars getting angry. When I said I was upset, it was not at you, but more that you took insult by comments that I don't think were intended to be meant that way. Maybe I should not have said "upset" but should have said "disheartened" or something. Anyways, I hope you find that from an impartial observation, you were not being attacked. We know you felt attacked by the way you responded-and that is why I was upset--you were not, nor are you being attacked. Stick around--have a collective beer with us, laugh at the previous posts for what they are--a misunderstanding--and lets all move on.

Cheers,
Chris
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:59 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

25 posts for a question like this? Unbelievable! I guess quite a few of us have much free time on our hands.

Hey, I'm sure Copley gets that kind of money for that kind of truck so why couldn't you?

What I find irritating is people asking questions that they should be researching themselves. You can simply check the popular car sites and see what they're going for. Ebay, LRX, Auto Trader. There you go, that's not so bad.

I certainly wasn't angry at you or your asking price. I may have chuckled a bit but you weren't here to see that. You have the truck as a showpiece so go and find someone like you to buy it.

Lighten up, do you research and sell your truck. If you're offended just throw some sarcacism back - it comes across better.

OK, now, where's that dude with the $39K white 97??? Let's all head over to that post and rip him apart!

(Oops, I guess I should search and find it myself.)
Old July 26th, 2006, 10:07 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
yeah that guy. wcuroverd90 or something i think the diff lock is siezed
Old July 26th, 2006, 10:34 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
$40K on a '97 Arles Blue with little over 43K miles on it? doesn't sound unreasonable, especially maintained by a true enthousiast that maintains it or fixes it right. Listen I'm all for getting good deals, and many here are hardcore DIY D90 fans who would never pay that here...but we are a small group compared to all the other Have nots who are desperately looking for D90's. A low mileage '97 well maintained is worth "beaucoup bucks" in my book. If we were smarter and used reverse psych on the forum, and supported higher prices for good D90's, well our own trucks will appreciate in the eyes of the public. Somehow it seems like we are cutting our own throats when we moan "expensive". If I had the money, I would pay more for a D90 from a member in the D90 forum that I am familiar with, rather then someone I do not know, who has no concern for proper maintenance. Just my 2Cents.
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4
yeah that guy. wcuroverd90 or something i think the diff lock is siezed
BWAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA HAAA!!!!!!

You're killin' me....... now I have to clean up beer spewage.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, 97, arles blue, d90