95 RRC rear axle clunk - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 14th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Surfin' Elvis
Chuck
95 RRC 300tdi/wvo conversion

95 RRC rear axle clunk

I realize I'm on the D-90 site, but this site has been so much more helpful than many others I have used, so...
My 95 RRC has developed a very loud "clunk" when cornering tight on pavement. It is coming from the rear and I believe the inside coil spring compresses slightly just before the clunk, as if the rear is in a bind.
It is a loud, metal-to-metal sound and it can be felt in the floorboard of the truck. No noises or whines when driving straight.
I have a 300tdi/automatic tranny retro-fitted and all traction control and ABS sensors and ECU's have been disconnected and/or removed.
I am running 285/70 tires with 2-1/2" OME lift springs.
Any thoughts on what I could be up against?
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 14th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Surfin' Elvis
Chuck
95 RRC 300tdi/wvo conversion

130k on the bushings and ball joint. Never serviced to my knowledge. Not sure about the butt wiggle, but will try to notice tomorrow.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
95, axle