'95 LWB SRS Light - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 24th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

'95 LWB SRS Light

Good friends are moving to Germany and have asked me to get rid of their LWB for them. Perfect interior, Good exterior save a rusty tailgate and some DS light rust (liftgate is spotless). The only issue I've found on it so far is that the SRS light is flickering/on and the TC and ABs lights are illuminated. We're putting a fresh battery into it tomorrow to see if that solves the issue, but failing that and resetting codes, what other luck have folks had? Also, what's reasonable to ask for the truck?

thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 24th, 2008, 11:00 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

2k is a fair price depending on miles and condition otherwise. If it does not take to a new battery and a reset, it is going to cost major $$$ to fix.

Ron

PS send me pics. Mine needs a heater core. evilfij (at] yahoo.com
Old November 24th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

ABS & TC usually point to a bad hub. They are related, so if you get a fault in one, you will get a fault in both, but it is generally the wheel speed sensor which requires replacing the hub.

SRS is anybody's guess, but I know that the seat airbags cause similar issues on P38s. I don't know if a county even has airbags in the seat, but if it does, that could be your problem.
Advertisement

Old November 24th, 2008, 01:58 PM
evilfij
evilfij

Not sure about hubs as most of the time it is usually just the wheel speed sensor and the hub is fine. Still a new sensor is really expensive and used is hit or miss.

SRS, if it is not jsut a low voltage situation) is usually the clock spring in the steering wheel (does the horn still work?) or a fault somewhere in the harness (silly dollars!). No seat airbags in an LWB. They came out in the bosch 1999 and up P38a range rovers.

Ron
Old November 24th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
Not sure about hubs as most of the time it is usually just the wheel speed sensor and the hub is fine. Still a new sensor is really expensive and used is hit or miss.
Can you replace just the sensor? I know at the dealer they always replace the whole hub (on disco II's at least), so I thought you had to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
SRS, if it is not jsut a low voltage situation) is usually the clock spring in the steering wheel (does the horn still work?) or a fault somewhere in the harness (silly dollars!). No seat airbags in an LWB. They came out in the bosch 1999 and up P38a range rovers.

Ron
Ok, I didn't think they had seat bags, but wasn't sure. The clock spring came to mind as a seemingly likely culprit, but I've never actually seen one go bad.
Old November 24th, 2008, 02:26 PM
evilfij
evilfij

DIIs it is integral with the hub, earlier trucks it is seperate. The only things that go wrong with these type of hubs are blown up bearings (lack of servicing, water ingress) or the bolts strip that hold the flange on.

Ron

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
95, ht, lwb