95 D90 temp sender range - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 27th, 2005, 11:42 AM
naeirie
Nilo Enerio
95 D90 ST #2571

Registry
Question 95 D90 temp sender range

Does anyone know the temp sender range is? I know it's in ohms, but not quite sure how to measure it.

Thanks,
Nilo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 27th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

This is the ECU one

http://www.rangie.com/files/167_385.jpg

I don't know what it is for the temp gauge. You could always take it out and put it in a pot of water and compare it to a thermometer.
Old April 27th, 2005, 12:16 PM
naeirie
Nilo Enerio
95 D90 ST #2571

Registry
Thanks for the info.

I may need a new sender/gauge. I have changed the thermostat, temp sender, viscous fan, and water pump. The problem is that the gauge will go past the half way mark (never close to the red line) after about 10 mins of driving, and then settles real close to the center line. Once I kill the engine and start ip back up again the gauge reads below the center mark and never goes back up until I kill the engine again.

This has never happened until I had the radiator out for service and the heads worked on and the cam/timing chain & gear replaced (upgraded).

Nilo Enerio

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, 95, d90