95 D90- A/C WIRING DIAGRAM (Davia) --> - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 18th, 2005, 02:05 PM
naeirie
Nilo Enerio
95 D90 ST #2571

Registry
Nicholas,

Thank you for the Info.

Nilo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 18th, 2005, 04:54 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Nilo,

Not a problem. I would ask Mike Hippert our 'Mighty Moderator' he is the 'smart one' and much more technical/mechanical than I when it comes to this stuff. He helped me fix mine, but yours sounds like a little bit different of a problem, especially from what you told me your mechanic said. Then again, is your mechanic a LAND ROVER dude ? Or just someone who works on foreign vehicles ? (There IS a difference, I found out the hard way a few times here in Tallahassee where I live ... and I STILL search for a competent Land Rover Mechanic).

ugh.

Wish I could be of more help !

Nicholas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old February 18th, 2005, 05:00 PM
naeirie
Nilo Enerio
95 D90 ST #2571

Registry
Hi Nicholas,

Yep, my mechanic is a Land Rover dude.....Michael Green @West Coast British (http://www.offroadexperience.com/wcb/).

Have a great weekend
Nilo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 20th, 2005, 10:05 PM
souza
Dave Souza
1995 Defender 90 SW #275

Hey Nick,

How'd the vent seal install go? I didn't get a chance to respond before I left for the Winter Romp. I used some liquid nails, it holds fine but looks like hell. I can't remember how long it took though, couple hours I guess, taking my time (and pictures).

They're still sealing great though, I only wish the rest of the truck was as sealed
Old February 21st, 2005, 08:34 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Dave,

Didn't get a chance to hit it yet... and this weekend I'm going camping... so it will have to wait. I'm going to try and find something other than Liquid Nails though !!

N

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 28th, 2008, 08:37 PM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

I've been dealing with my temp gauge reading warm (warm - not overheating). I've had the radiator rebuilt and replaced all the hoses, water pump, thermostat, temp guage (the one wire one)...then today the two wire one (after reading this thread to find out why my AC quit working after doing it. Running a 50/50 split of coolant and distilled water.

Two questions.

1) What else is there to change/check to find out why my gauge says I'm running warm (runs warm after a little stop and go/sitting at lights with the AC running - runs either in the middle or just above the middle in the same driving conditions with the AC off). Once the gauge gets up there it never comes back down - even if I shut off the AC.

2) After I swapped out the sensor today for apparently the wrong one and decided to just jump the wires with a paper clip rather than to swap back to the old one and have to purge the air out of the system again - it's Africa hot here right now...I was over it. NOW my AC works again but my hazard lights and signal lights don't work. I checked the fuse for them and it's fine. What gives?
Old August 15th, 2009, 01:10 PM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
Bump on this old thread.

My A/C isn't working. It's a '95 so it's not the 'elite' system mentioned mostly through this thread. My problem is that the compressor isn't coming on. The system has plenty of refridgerent- it actually worked just fine last weekend when I took the truck out. The AC fan and blower both come on like they should just no compressor.

I've checked all the fuses (all that I could find anyway) and even tried unplugging the the A/C overheating switch -as described ealier in this thread- but no luck. I am not getting 12V to the one wire that connects to the compressor.

My diagram shows a compressor relay. Does anyone have any idea where this is and what it looks like. I searched on rovers north and atlantic british to find a picture of the part with the hopes that if I could find it, I could trouble shoot it. No dice there either.

Any other ideas?
Old June 22nd, 2010, 09:28 PM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
Bump again on this old thread. Having the same problem as Mike. Can anyone point me to relays etc that could cause the compressor not to kick on?
Old June 23rd, 2010, 10:17 AM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
I would love to tell you that i've fixed it, and the answer was ___, but I am just now getting to fix it now that its so damn hot. In the interim I have tried jumping 12 volts directly to the compressor and it does come on. I have also pulled the three fuses that live right of the blower unit and they are all consistent.

thoughts?
Old June 23rd, 2010, 10:36 AM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
damn so we are in the same boat. getting hot out here too. Ill try jumping the compressor and see if that works. anyone have a wiring diagram that can help us out?
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:38 PM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
Figured it out! Well hopefully anyway...

I seem to have blown an AC hose. After almost a year w/o AC -and without really needing it- I decided to try recharging the system with a cheapo can of 134 from the autoparts store. As soon as I hit the magic number, the compressor kicked on and bingo: cold air. BUT when I shut the truck down there was an audible hissing sound from the engine compartment. I tracked the noise to the AC line that connects the evaporator? (the dash) to the drier. I can even manipulate the hose somewhat and change the rate of refrigerant leaving the system.

So my question: where the hell do I get this thing fixed?? I can't seem to find the right 'rover' hose from the usual sources. Anyone have one of them lying around for some reason? Or is this piece generic enough for some AC shop to just fab up?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, 95, d90, wiring