'95 classic coil hookup - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 29th, 2016, 07:55 AM
tzbmcp
Tyler
110 LHD 3dr

'95 classic coil hookup

I've looked at wiring diagram from a prior thread and RRC manual, and likely Im missing something, but would anyone be able to take a pic or explain the wiring connections at the coil on my '95 LWB? Four wires connect: 1. all white 2. white with green 3. white with black 4. white with black. Need to know which go to positive and which go to negative terminal on my coil. Looking at the coil both white/blk wires go to the positive terminal, the other two wires go the neg terminal which I think is incorrect. Looks like the all white and one of the white/blk wires come from amplifier module which is mounted adjacent to the coil. Truck is angry and won't start right now but it was previously set up this way (for a long time). Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 29th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Kevin88RRC
Kevin Keith
1988 RRC

You have it reversed. Both white w/ black go to the negative side of coil.
Old March 29th, 2016, 10:19 AM
tzbmcp
Tyler
110 LHD 3dr

yep - switched everything around and bam, started right up! thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
95, classic, coil