'94 d90 turn signal relocation ECR - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 5th, 2008, 03:26 PM
TravelerBT
Philip Marshall
none - :*(

Registry
'94 d90 turn signal relocation ECR

Has anyone done the turn signal relocation for the '94's removing them from the bumper to the lights near the headlights? I would be interested to know how difficult this process is, and if ECR sells a kit to do it.

thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 5th, 2008, 04:09 PM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

cut and splice the wires then use EP26 Flasher from Advance autos with a #105 bulb to keep flashers at the same rate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 5th, 2008, 04:16 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

If you want to do it as a plug and play on a 94 get a Series/Euro rear stop/tail lamp from company X. Toss the red lens and use the old amber one from you old light. The stop taill hosuing used an 1157 bulb (2 element). Plug in the wires to the Lucar connectors (it is all there you just have to reconfigure it: Black to Black, Red to Red and Green/White (or Green/Red depending on what side) to Green/Purple) and you are done.
You still keep 4 parking lights in front and the lower one (or upper if you want to put it there, whatever you like) will blink brighter as a signal.
That is what we do in a white light based 1994 (later 94s can have a black base) and that is a different story.
No need for us to sell a kit. Its too easy.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 5th, 2008, 04:20 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

here is a better one. How about changing the turn signals in the bumper into fog lamps after the above conversion is completed.
Old December 5th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

I had thought about doing something like that, but I wouldn't remove the turn signals just to do it. I converted because my new bumper didn't have holes for the turn signals and it made more sense than cutting holes in the new bumper.
Old December 5th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
It's funny that I was actually doing this mod today as well. I tried just the 105 bulb and that didn't work on it's own like for some people. I'll try the flasher next...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old December 8th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I swapped both the bulbs (105s) and the flasher (ER26) and that didn't fix a thing! Still flashing fast.

Semper Fi!
Old December 8th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Are you using LED's?
Old December 8th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede
Are you using LED's?
Nope! The old skool bulbs

Semper Fi!
Old December 8th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Oh, I think I misunderstood what you did. You didn't do it the ECR way did you? I'm not familiar with the problems associated with splicing it but I would think this would help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
The fast flash issue is solved by a varibale load flasher that will plug into the stock Rover harness. Like part #CF13GL-02 in the link below, but they are avaibale from many sources.
This will work with a mix of LEDs and bulbs or just LEDs.
The only down side is that the "trailer flash indicator" on the dash will no longer work. I have yet to find a 4 pin variable load flasher. Your trailer lights will work correctly, but it just won't indicate on the dash. I consider it small price to pay.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/flashers.htm

http://www.flexible-lamps.co.uk/
I'm not sure what the ep26 flasher is, but based on the fact that it says it is for 2-6 led bulbs, I am guessing it isn't variable load, but just a less sensitive old skool flasher.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, d90, ecr, signal