90/110 steering column lower bearing? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 29th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Jamie Austin
1992 110 Td5 CSW & 1989 MB G-Wagen
90/110 steering column lower bearing?

Has anyone succesfully found a replacement lower ball bearing for the 90/110 steering columns?

It's totally unavailable here in the UK. THink i might have to go down the nylon bush route, but I thought i'd try on here and see if anyone stateside has had luck finding a source?

On the bearing itself, it has the dimensions 22/36 2RS (22mm ID, 36mm OD, 2 rubber seals, and is 10mm wide), and is/was made by INA in West Germany.

I've been to my local bearing place, they contacted INA and they (INA) didn't have any record of it... turns out it's made *especially* for LR and no-one else, and has a kind of licence agreement on it.

anyone in the US sell such an item?

If so, anyone willing to post me one or 2 over?

Old May 29th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Daniel Hayes
1994 Defender 90 Soft Top
I know after putting all that work in you would rather have installed a new bearing, but have you checked the salvage yards? Definitely let us know the outcome.

94D90 NAS 3.9 LT77 LT230T Soft Top

There are no guarantees expressed or implied of the accuracy or correctness of the contents of this message, and the Author is not liable for the taking of any action in reliance upon the contents of this message. As always, do your own research. To the extent that opinions are expressed in this message, they are not necessarily the opinions of the Author.
Old May 29th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI
We found a close one, wish I had the pn but had to machine out the seat slightly. The top one we found but wider than stock but it worked. It was a while ago.
http://www.offroad101.ca - Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly
http://www.facebook.com/offroad101 - Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!
https://www.facebook.com/bioglycerinesoaps - Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

110, 90