88 110 AC - NAS style - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 14th, 2015, 10:52 PM
Brentflyfish
Brent McDonald
1988 LHD 110 SW

Registry
88 110 AC - NAS style

Can someone tell me how the AC controls work on an 88 LHD with factory AC? I am pretty sure I have an issue but need some help diagnosing. When I use the selector lever to move air to come out the dash vents the air continues to blow out the defrost vents. It used to eventually switch to the dash vents but seemed to have amend of its own, switching between dash and defrost on its own. Now it just comes out of the defrost. Is there a motor or vacuum hose to activate the plenum doors? Does not appear to be cables

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 15th, 2015, 03:46 AM
rivermike
Michael
2008 LHD Tdci 110 Keswick Green

Correct brent, there is a bunch of vacuum hoses behind the facia, remove and check for leaks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EMAIlL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current Inventory is listed in my STOCKLIST section

Worldwide shipping is our specialty
Old August 15th, 2015, 08:08 AM
Brentflyfish
Brent McDonald
1988 LHD 110 SW

Registry
I assume that means I need to take out all the dash fascia - the part with the vent louvres in it? Is there any other way to get to the hoses? Anyone have diagrams or pictures that show how it should look?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 15th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Brentflyfish
Brent McDonald
1988 LHD 110 SW

Registry
I assume my vacuum lines are bad and potentially a vacuum motor or two. Are these worth fixing or should I scrap the dash system and go for the newer style systems? Will I need to get this working in addition to adding the newer style to the truck?
Old August 15th, 2015, 06:44 PM
Tarheeld
Bill
1985 110

Usually, the lines rot away hence leaks left and right secondary to the motors being overrun and finally giving away. Lines aren't the toughest of the lot to replace. Quick connect fittings are you best friend...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, ac, nas