83 Defender 110 Wire Problem - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 7th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
If you have a strong battery and the truck starts and runs I would pull the lower shroud off the column and go @ that with a meter. The ignition switch feeds many of the circuits in the fuse box. Should be easy to figure out if you have the diagram handy.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 7th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Defenderdude
Jason
1983 Defender 110

Checked behind fuse panel nothing disconnected and I took all fuses out and cleaned the terminals so that's good so would the ignition switch cause just one fuse block to go bad and nothing else? I cleaned the battery to chassis ground, and engine to chassis ground also.

------ Follow up post added March 7th, 2015 10:31 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
If you have a strong battery and the truck starts and runs I would pull the lower shroud off the column and go @ that with a meter. The ignition switch feeds many of the circuits in the fuse box. Should be easy to figure out if you have the diagram handy.
Ok I'll try that this afternoon
Old March 7th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Defenderdude
Jason
1983 Defender 110

Ok so cleaned all the grounds shot wires at ignition it all checked good, and the thing is I got it to work for a few minutes then it went out again, checked fuses and the fuse going to left blinker a 2.5 amp fuse right across from the fuse that supports all the gauges and everything was blow replaced it and everything worked for a few minutes, then nothing worked, looked at fuse and again same thing blown fuse. So I replaced it, but this time nothing works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Defenderdude
Jason
1983 Defender 110

Looking at wiring diagram could it be my left side indicators grounding out my dash? since I got it working for awhile after I was tinkering with the left side ground and power supply a red and black wire.
Old January 7th, 2016, 10:12 PM
Defenderdude
Jason
1983 Defender 110

anyone know were I can buy a blade fuse box so I can change out my fuses from glass to blade type, also when I do this is it as simple as cutting wires crimping new terminals on the wires and putting the new blades on?
Old January 8th, 2016, 04:50 AM
speedpin
Adam
1985 130 Gen IV

Registry
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...les-67580.html
Old January 8th, 2016, 07:47 AM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

You have different feeds that activate with the key switch. You could have one whole fuse block that is powered by one wire coming off the ignition switch. The purple wires are usually a constant hot. The white, large diameter, are usually a switched power from the fuse box via the ignition.
Remember the turn signals are routed through the hazard switch. That switch goes bad. I wouldn't be surprised if it is starting to go bad. If you pull the Hazard switch be careful as it has the main plug and one wire on each side of the main plug.
Replacing the fuse block with the newer blade type is pretty easy as long as you do one at a time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, defender, defender 110