83 110 2nd row seat belts help - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 22nd, 2014, 01:11 PM
Werrea
Anthony Werre
08 LR3

83 110 2nd row seat belts help

I have a new 83 110 and the 2nd row does not have any seatbelts. Don't even see where they are supposed to go. I need help with where to install and what to get. Pictures wood be great. Just need one so I can out my sons car seat and strap it in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 22nd, 2014, 01:33 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
You will probably have to fab some points at the side pillars and in the floor behind the seat. Not exactly the warmest and comfy feeling if you think about it for too long. Maybe RN or Paddocks has a kit with backing plates and the like. RN sold a rear facing third row seat for the RR County years ago that bolted in with no welding.

Clay
Old December 22nd, 2014, 01:36 PM
toad
Cutter
None

RDS has the original hardware, just installed a set on mine. If you download the defender parts manual pdf from online (87 on I think) the first few pages have the install instructions w exploded views.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 22nd, 2014, 05:18 PM
Wilboro
William Ficner
1997 110 csw

Registry
Here are some pics out of my 97 row, hopefully they will help.

Here are the side shoulder belts, the bottom bolts through the tub into a galvanized channel bracket on the back side. The upper mount you can see bolts into a steel bracket in behind the b pillar, just in front of the sliding window.

The receiver party of the belt blots into the floor behind the seat and you thread it up between the seat and back cushions. There is a steel bracket in the floor it bolts into. See the picture.

Hopefully this helps.

Will

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 22nd, 2014, 05:38 PM
Wilboro
William Ficner
1997 110 csw

Registry
Sorry not behind the b pillar just in front of the sliding window.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 22nd, 2014, 05:47 PM
toad
Cutter
None

Will,
I hope you replaced those floor brackets, they were like that on my 86 before I made a new floor. The galvanic corrosion does a number on them, mine just disintegrated when I tried to remove the seatbelt. I decided to stick w the stock system but I think one could make a safer custom solution for less cost.
Old December 22nd, 2014, 05:50 PM
Wilboro
William Ficner
1997 110 csw

Registry
Oh yea the one in the picture is off an older truck. I'm currently retrofitting disco seats into mine along with a much thicker floor pan. There was no floor left around that bracket

Old December 22nd, 2014, 06:10 PM
Werrea
Anthony Werre
08 LR3

Thanks for the replies.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags