4pin trailer plug in a TD5 crossmember opening - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 24th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Wilboro
William Ficner
1997 110 csw

Registry
4pin trailer plug in a TD5 crossmember opening

So I'm thinking of removing/unplugging the euro 7 pin socket from my harness (1997 row) and converting it to a standard North American flat four pin. My new chassis has a td5 rear crossmember with the specific opening for a socket and I'd really like to anchor the four pin in there and in a perfect world have some sort of protective door covering the socket (similar to a 7 pin or blade socket).

Anyone done anything like this yet? It seems most four pin plugs are pretty flimsy and can't easily be anchored.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 24th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Wilboro
William Ficner
1997 110 csw

Registry
Ok that four flat mounting box might be the ticket.

I don't think I can fit the 7 spade box in the opening in the crossmember without some butchery. I'm also not planning on adding a brake controller at the moment either.

Trying to keep it kind of clean looking. I was originally just going to use the euro 7 with an adaptor but my old ones in rough shape and if I can eliminate an adaptor it's a bonus.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
td5