Defender Source Forum banner

4 piston calipers in rear?

509 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Davis 
#1 ·
Can we run 4- piston calipers in the rear of a defender/disco? Is there an adapter?

THis isn't for my truck--this is for the trailer that I built and I used the ends of a disco I axles for the brakes. I am running normal rears right now but wondering what it would take to run vented front rotors/front calipers on it.

#2 ·
Yes but there is no point for normal braking as you would lock the rears way before the fronts. The reason people do it is to run fiddle brakes on two pistons and the foot brake on the other two.

It would probably be too much for a trailer unless it is really heavy. Just Google for the adapter.

#3 · (Edited)
Yes you can run them, I do. And yes you will have too much braking power in the rear without a bias valve installed.

Great for towing

Red winches UK makes the bracket

Also great to have the same pads and pins on all four discs, and the same discs on all four wheels, I used aftermarket calipers and lucked out that they are all GTG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.