3link center link - castor adjustment - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 14th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Jase
Jase
pending

3link center link - castor adjustment

I'm adjusting the castor on my 3-link to compensate for an addition inch of lift and was curious if anyone knew approximately how many degrees are gained by turning the center link one complete turn out? One turn doesn't look like much.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has measured the adjustment. I'm hoping to avoid trial and trial and trail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 15th, 2005, 10:32 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Jason, do you have it set up to the stock angle right now? Do you have the stock drive shaft or a double cardon unit?
Old July 15th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Jase
Jase
pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI Guy
Jason, do you have it set up to the stock angle right now? Do you have the stock drive shaft or a double cardon unit?
My best guess is that the angle was stock. I took the center link out and turned it 1.5 turns. Road feel is good. The floating feeling I got with the additional one inch is gone.

I have a DC unit in the front, but I'm moving to a dual DC. The front end is now OME 753s and an Rovertym 1 inch spring seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2005, 07:28 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Jason, I am running 3" sRYM springs up front and only have a single DC front shaft. You do not need a double. I get no vibs at all and I have a stock HD shaft in the rear. I can get you some angles sunday evening if you want. My truck drives and handles very well.
Old July 16th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Jase
Jase
pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI Guy
Jason, I am running 3" sRYM springs up front and only have a single DC front shaft. You do not need a double. I get no vibs at all and I have a stock HD shaft in the rear. I can get you some angles sunday evening if you want. My truck drives and handles very well.

I spent 60 miles on the highway yesterday and I'm vibe free with my single DC. But, I got a great deal on a dual DC so my single DC will become a spare. Similar to your setup, the rear DS is custom but does not have a DC joint.

Don't go out of your way, but next time you're working on the truck please take some angles. It would be great to know what is working for you. Again, I'm in good shape and don't need to know the angles ASAP but it would be good info to have.

Thank you

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions