Defender Source Forum banner

36 or 48 Spline Wheel?

Tags
wheel
21K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  Bostondave 
#1 ·
Just picked up a '91 D90 and was wondering if anybody knows if I need a 36 or 48 spline steering wheel. Whatever is on there now needs replacement.

I'll have the truck next week but want to be proactive.

See less See more
#13 ·
Yeah, most Td5's had 48's, but the station wagons had 36's....mine's got a 36

Mine came with an aftermarket wheel, I upgraded it to another aftermarket but still don't like it, I ordered a leather kit from the UK to cover an old NAS wheel I had laying around....

#27 ·
Just FYI, Land Rover is reporting the QTB102760PMA steering wheel as NLA now. It looks like Rovers North still has some. If you want one better act fast. (Also, in case you don't know the aftermarket wheel that goes by the same part number is 48 spline. Only the genuine one is 36 spline.)

#29 ·
Thanks Chip! Been trying to reach someone at Mud-UK for a Moto-Lita steering wheel, unfortunately they haven't been picking up their phone, nor answered my email. My sister lives in London & she's tried too. However she found Moto-Lita's website & they have some great steering wheels, make them for Aston Martin, Jaguar, Rolls etc. & they are less $s than the Land Rover ones Ordering Guide - Moto-Lita

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.