300TDI installed - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 13th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Jason Herring
94 D90 ST #1253
300TDI installed

So the motor is in! The RDS mounts worked great. I do notice the 300tdi is a bit angled in the engine bay upwards in the front - but after looking at a lot of other conversions this seems kinda normal, right? I couldn't have really gone much lower with the mounts on the frame rail.

I do wonder if the motor mounts I have are from a Discovery and not a D90 and maybe this is why it's higher in front? Installed it's lined up with the slightly lowered radiator (which now has about the overall same height as my old V8 unit at 17") and now I just need to figure out plumbing. Mostly no big deal, but I have a couple questions.

1) Will most any muffler shop have the flange to mate to my exhaust?

2) Will stock oil lines for a 300TDI work or do I need to get those fabricated?

3) The Denso aircon compressor (yup I like AC) has a funny flange on it to which the A/C lines are supposed to connect, which is completely different than what I had on the V8. See attached. Where do you find that thing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7730-s.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	29331   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7731-s.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	29332  

Old July 13th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
You have the newer bolt on flange type a/c compressor. The lines are factory parts- should be able to get them readily. ECR is Elite's US agent so they may have them in stock. Can't think of a reason why stock oil lines wouldn't work. But if they are slightly different you can go to any Parker store with what you have and they can make up custom lines using your original ends.
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Land Rover Shipment and Importation Service
Bespoke Restoration & Modification work

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

300tdi, tdi