Defender Source Forum banner

300tdi egr

576 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Santini1228 
#1 ·
If I blank my EGR valve is there any reason to keep the egr control module wired up? Im assuming not but just confirming.

#2 ·
No. My 300TDI has the EGR blanked off and all the EGR control wiring was removed....Everything was removed:)

Which brings me to my issue...I'm bringing my DEF back to the states in a few short years and its paperwork clearly indicates that it originally came equipped with an EGR. Therefore, I'll likely have to reinstall an EGR to get it through customs. Any chance you could take a couple of pics of the EGR set up before you pull it all off so I can install one? I still have the EGR control box mounted on the underside if my cubby, but I don't have anything else. I need to figure out all the components I need and how they are installed. As you can image, I haven't found a lot of info on how to install an EGR...that doesn't seem like a popular mod:)

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.