3.9L Lower engine harness - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 13th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

3.9L Lower engine harness

Is there a separate part number for the engine side of a 3.9L wire harness. The part that is essentially the starter, alternator, engine temp, etc side.

I don't really want to cut the chassis side connectors. So I was hoping that the engine side of the harness is available-ish. I'd love to use the existing connectors and not cut anything for my Tdi doings.

Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 13th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoduecer View Post
Is there a separate part number for the engine side of a 3.9L wire harness. The part that is essentially the starter, alternator, engine temp, etc side.

I don't really want to cut the chassis side connectors. So I was hoping that the engine side of the harness is available-ish. I'd love to use the existing connectors and not cut anything for my Tdi doings.

Anyone have any ideas?
A buddy of mine hooked his battery up backwards and melted that harness. I ended up using a Range Rover Classic harness. I did have to do some modifications to it, but it looked pretty good when I was done with it.

What are you trying to accomplish? If you're just trying to get rid of the unused connectors you can open up the heat shielding and just remove the unused wires and connectors. There isn't much to that part of the harness and it unbolts separately from the fuel injection harness.
Old October 13th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

Hey Jimmy,
I was trying to keep the stuff for my 3.9L complete so when I go to sell it, it can be considered complete, you know to add some attractiveness to it. But I guess the only things I really wanted to do was re use the firewall connections for the starter solenoid connector and a couple wires off the other connector for the oil pressure light and tach. I can make new stuff, but it would be cool to use the existing connectors as much as possible.
Thanks,
Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 14th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

On a side note: anyone here have a 1994 wiring diagram?
I have the rave cd, but like most have noted, it's for a 97. So a little different.
Searching through the old forums didn't give much, a few dead links that looked promising though.
Thanks,
Pete
Old October 15th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Look at a Range Rover classic diagram, it should be close.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
engine