255/85/r-16 - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 30th, 2006, 07:14 PM
steinhnj
Neil Steinhagen
1990 Perentie GS

Level for the most part. Front measurment is 37.5 inches, rear is 37.75 inches. Same on both sides. I made sure to use the taller springs on the driver side. It was recommended in another thread and the stock springs were the same; taller one on the drivers side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 30th, 2006, 07:36 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
where did you order your springs from
Old July 30th, 2006, 10:31 PM
steinhnj
Neil Steinhagen
1990 Perentie GS

RN. They acutally sent me 761s instead of 751s for the front. Their online catalog labels the 761s as standard heavy duty, but when I called and asked if I shoulld have the 751s for the winch, they said yep. I was expecting them to try and convince me that the 761s were fine. They sent out the 751s and a return label for the 761s next day UPS and I had the lift done the next evening. Outstanding customer service, not something you expect these days. Thanks again Eric!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 30th, 2006, 11:21 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
cool. I am thinking i will order my stuff from them. they have always been pretty good to work with. cept all thier mantec stuff is way over priced and I need a tire carrier
Old July 30th, 2006, 11:48 PM
shawnpalmer
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue

Registry
I posted a question about this on another thread, I was wondering if the rear HD springs can be used in the front. Are they interchangeable? The reason is, I had HD front/HD rear. Then switched to HD front/ MD rear. So I have an extra set of HD rears that I could put in the front, if they will work. My front seems to be sagging a bit. The springs are about 6 years old. If not, I'll just buy new HD fronts.
Old October 5th, 2006, 02:57 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Neil how is the lift? Any vibrations yet?
Old October 5th, 2006, 03:32 PM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyOval
I posted a question about this on another thread, I was wondering if the rear HD springs can be used in the front. Are they interchangeable? The reason is, I had HD front/HD rear. Then switched to HD front/ MD rear. So I have an extra set of HD rears that I could put in the front, if they will work. My front seems to be sagging a bit. The springs are about 6 years old. If not, I'll just buy new HD fronts.
Absolutely you certainly can Shawn. All the springs will interchange (well, Discovery, Range Rover, Defender 90) and can be mixed and matched. When I had my discovery I ran OME 764 (med duty d-90 rears) in the front and OME 759 (older style heavy duty D-90 rears) in the back, worked great, and I loved that set-up. So crunch the numbers, swap 'em out and see how you like it..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 5th, 2006, 04:51 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

You can put OME MD rears in the front and run HD rears in the rear with a spacer in the back. The rears are taller and stiffer than the fronts so you cannot switch front to back.
Old October 6th, 2006, 01:15 PM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
You can put OME MD rears in the front and run HD rears in the rear with a spacer in the back. The rears are taller and stiffer than the fronts so you cannot switch front to back.
You may not WANT to (depending upon the combination) but you CAN put HD rears in the front if you so choose. Here is a link to a database of spring free length and spring rate so you can get an idea what is available, and roughly calculate the change in height associated with swapping a spring into your particular vehicle Land Rover Spring Database. I actually had OME 759 (HD rears) in the front of my 90 at one point, but they didn't work out and were removed. But don't be affraid to experiment, the springs will fit the perches without issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions