I am FINALLY scheduled for service at the dealer. I am going to list the issues, basically to show that damn near new Defenders are a lot like old Defenders.
- Intermediate shaft. There is a TSB or such for this. The shaft was supposed to be lubed when assembly of gearbox and transfer case occured. Big issue for newer Defenders, as the dry shaft eats itself. The guidance is lube, or if worn, replace and lube.
- Rear floor bolts. The J-clips which the rear floor screws go into have broken, and screws are popping out.
- Coolant overflow leak. Either tank cracked at seam, or cap seal. SA and Aussie fix is an Isuzu cap.
- Rear diff clunk. Either a U-joint or Ring/pinion slop.
- Windshield wipers clunk when operating.
- Headlamp retainers rusting
- Rear folding step plastic bits cracking
- Driver's window loose in door
- Driver side rear door stay/limiter sticking
- Rear view mirror loose at ball, no day/night function
- Front portion headliner sagging
- Lower grill vents (galvy ones on an AC model) paint flaking off
This may seem nitpicky on some level, but the truck is under warranty, so I want it right. Will see how it works out. Some Euro guys report weeks in shop to fix simple things like I have listed.
And this comes at a bad time, as I need to be in Crete next week for work, and this would have been a great opportunity for: