200tdi wiring diagram - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 6th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 95 RRC
200tdi wiring diagram

Ok, so I didn't document my wiring as well as I normally do. I have a CD with all the wiring notes but the problem is my truck is what you can call a red headed step child or mutt of sorts. It is an 85 ROW with a 200tdi from a disco, with a LHD conversion. What I am looking for is the basic earth points and mapping of the main ignition and starter wiring. I have something wrong and I cannot get the truck to turn over. I'm only wanting the main source battery system tips if that makes sense, I also have a main power shutoff switch that is rated for 600amps, I believe that is big enough for the diesel but not for sure. I have a bunch of brown wires and yellow wires that I am not sure where they go. Anyway HELP

"Someone once told me not to bite off more than I can chew, I told them I'd rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity!!!"
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Robert Davis
Call me... I'll PM you the number:

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)
Old April 6th, 2013, 09:00 AM
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team
It is very simple.

switched power from ignition switch to starter solenoid
12V positive wire from battery to starter solenoid.
ground from starter body to engine block.
ground from engine block to chassis
ground from battery to gearbox or engine block.

All other vehicle power comes from brown wires connected to the starter solenoid post. In addition, the alternator power wires connect there as well.

The only other power thing (stock), is the glow plugs, which have their own power line to the battery.

The attached file is for an MOD 110, but the main stuff is all the same.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Defender FFR Wiring diagram.pdf (958.5 KB, 568 views)
Pissing people off on the "net" since 1983.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

200tdi, tdi, wiring