200tdi VDO Sender Part Numbers - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 3rd, 2010, 04:25 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
200tdi VDO Sender Part Numbers

After searching multiple threads (even the VDO gauge merged thread), I am showing several different part numbers for 200tdi sender part numbers.

Oil pressure sender: 360-006 or 360-001 or 360-009

Temp sender: 323-095 or 323-026

Anyone know the correct numbers for a Disco 200tdi?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2010, 10:34 AM
J4hand
James Forehand
83 110 200tdi

I've been down this road with the vdo temp senders and a Disco 200tdi. I could not find one that fit. The thermostat housing is different on the Disco unit, there is less space. So I used the universal vdo sender with 1/8 NPT thread. I found a post on a different board from someone who hacked up their stock sender to make an adapter. I chopped mine up, took the guts out, and tapped it for the universal vdo sender. Works great. I don't know anything about the oil pressure sender part number.
Old January 4th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Hmmm, I wonder if it would be easier to just change out the thermostat housing? I already ordered the one sender I thought was correct, 323-095 I think. So I will be down your road soon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
The oil pressure sender is the same as the 300 tdi. You have choices as the senders that have both idiot light and guage offer different pressures where the idiot light will come on. I chose the higher of the two. On the 200 tdi you will need the brass t adapter that Eguages offers as the sender needs to space out away from the oil filter head to fit as its twice as big as the original idiot light switch.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old January 4th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Thanks Doug, I figured out the idiot light difference once I ordered the senders last night. Good to know on the t-fitting, I guess I need to get one of those. Happen to know the part number? Did you block off the other end of the T, or did you just plug it with the stock sender?

Semper Fi!
Old January 4th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
stock sender. An L shaped adapter would have been ideal but couldn't find one.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old February 26th, 2011, 04:55 PM
NEK90
J Pinkham
1984 90

Sender adapters

Hi-I am installing some gauges with 1/8 NPT fittings- naturally they don't fit my 200 TDi. After some examination of the temp and oil presssure senders I believe they are British standard pipe thread (BSP) -go figure. This is not a tapered thread like our NPT, the threads are parallel with a washer and shoulder for sealing. After searching for adapters I found an amazing Brit company that makes all sorts of adapters- in my case I have an 3/8 BSP temp sender to 1/8 NPT and a 1/8 BSP oil pressure sender to 1/8 NPT. In the case of the oil pressure sender the threads on the NPT are 1/8x27 tapered, the 1/8 BSP is 28 TPI with parallel threads so the NPT will screw into the block but may not seal properly- use with care. Here is the Brit web site http://www.speedograph-richfield.com they have a lot of amazing stuff . Hope this useful to everyone and prevents a lot of gnashing of teeth etc...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
200tdi, part, tdi