200Tdi Temp sender issues - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 23rd, 2012, 02:00 AM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Solis View Post
OK i have searched the forum and haven't found anyone to have a problem like mine so I thought I would ask.
stock sender is PRC8593.

If you need an adapter to go from the 5/8-18 port on the engine housing to 1/8" NPS for an aftermarket sender, let me know. I have a box full of 'em.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Did you ever come up with a solution for the right temp sensor for a disco 200tdi and VDO gauge?
Old April 7th, 2012, 02:02 PM
El Solis
Chris Solis
Camel Trophy 110 sorta :)

ok so today i went out and checked all the grounds, hoping to find a bad one....nope. connected the test light to the positive on the battery and went around the truck checking everything. lights up everywhere so i know that spot is grounded. checked the sender housing and the sender itself, lights up good grounds. turn the truck on same thing. then i connected one end to the grounds on the truck and tested the same parts on the engine, no light which is what i would expect EXCEPT on the spade of the sender (with the wire connected) which lights up. disconnect the sender wire and test the spade with the engine running and no light. test the end of the wire and it lights up. pull out the multimeter and find that 9 volts are at the end of the wire, confirmed with 2 different test wires and directly off the gauge. is that normal? are there supposed to be volts on the sender wire? i thought the wire sent a signal from the sender to the gauge (resistance) not power to the sender?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 7th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
It sends voltage in order to measure the resistance.
Old April 7th, 2012, 07:17 PM
El Solis
Chris Solis
Camel Trophy 110 sorta :)

Ok I get that so what's the deal? Good grounds, has power to both the gauge and the sender but still not working. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:16 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Any word on this? I have the vdo gauge ready to go in but could use some guidance on the sender.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 12:27 AM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

I used the VDO recommended sender and bought a tap for it. I then drilled out the guts of the Disco sender and tapped it so that the VDO sender screwed into the Disco sender. It's been working good since 2008.

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
200tdi, tdi