200tdi smoke question - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 5th, 2016, 09:22 PM
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP
on a related note, and not to burst anyones bubble specially in NOVA. my last emissions class the epa instructor suggested that va state police and epa are currently studying a program where coal rollers will be cited for polluting.
diesel sooth is considered particulates and in the commonwealth "it is unlawful to knowingly release harmful particulates into atmosphere".

va and epa are looking at a similar program in NJ, where if you are caught rolling coal you are scorted to a testing station where you are submitted to diesel emissions test, if you fail or decline diesel emissions test
and you are out of state you are cited and scorted out of state and not allowed back until you show proof of being a non gross polluter, if you are a commercial vehicle your authority can be suspended "dot number", if you're a private vehicle and are caught a second time you may face jail time. (yes "they the law" call them "coal rollers" gross polluters)

if you are nj state resident, your registration is suspended until you pass test as well as cited. All of this according to epa data obtained or offered thru Va emissions class.

no word on if or when and they plan to implement this regulation here in NOVA.

Old June 5th, 2016, 09:40 PM
Jeff B
^^ that sounds good to me Carlos! ^^

I was down at the beach this weekend and several young rednecks had to dump diesel soot all over the beach a few times when they knew the sheriff was out of sight.
Pretty nasty actually.

My 3ootdi puffs a tiny cloud of dark smoke at startup and then I would really have to struggle to make it smoke while running!

Real Rovers have round headlights!

Rent my beach house!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions