200TDI manifolds/turbo. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 5th, 2013, 06:33 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

200TDI manifolds/turbo.

I find myself in urgent need of a set of 200TDI defender manifolds and turbo; does anyone happen to have an engine around they'd be willing to remove some from or some lying around? If I have to buy an entire engine then it would be a matter of price; otherwise if someone is interested in the other bits and knows of a complete engine for sale I'd be interested in splitting/parting one. I just *REALLY* need them this week.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 5th, 2013, 06:51 PM
transientmechanic
Adam
1972 SIII

New exhaust manifolds are available now. Not too expensive. Check the UK parts sites.
Old November 5th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh View Post
I find myself in urgent need of a set of 200TDI defender manifolds and turbo; does anyone happen to have an engine around they'd be willing to remove some from or some lying around? If I have to buy an entire engine then it would be a matter of price; otherwise if someone is interested in the other bits and knows of a complete engine for sale I'd be interested in splitting/parting one. I just *REALLY* need them this week.
pretty sure John Craddocks can fix you up with a pair of new ones. You need the intake too ?

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 5th, 2013, 07:15 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

I'm on my 3rd attempt to get this to fit (hybrid with a really strange mix of parts) and the engine is a Disco so yes I need both manifolds and turbo and pipework. I'm forced to pay for these out of pocket as well so used is the preference.

Old November 5th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
300 manifolds will bolt right up and the turbo makes a little more boost . Probably much easier to come by since what you seek is highly sought after and highly valued due to limited production and rarity

Dividing Creek Imports

Old November 5th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

Turbo hose is different between a 200 and 300 but I'm sure you know that
Old November 5th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewie212 View Post
Turbo hose is different between a 200 and 300 but I'm sure you know that
you mean the pipes/elbows to the inter cooler or the airfilter setup ? yes all of that is different. That said all of that is different between a disco and defender 200 engine.

Dividing Creek Imports

Old November 5th, 2013, 07:58 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

In this case a 300 won't work because the steering box, bulkhead support, and non-clockable turbo output are in conflict. In theory with enough fabrication but then to remove the manifold in future for any reason the amout you need to take apart is unreasonable. The Defender manifold/turbo allows it to clear everything. Having bought and waited for the 300 set-up is part of why this is now urgent.

Old November 5th, 2013, 08:44 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
If you have any interest in a modified 200 turbo, I have the one I didn't use still. It already has been clocked, and has the twisty exhaust down pipe. Will fit/clear, for sure. Plus you already have a 200 turbo so that's like a bonus spare. And it has been tapped for an EGT probe.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:46 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

I'm open to many ideas; please feel free to contact me directly ajh@offroad101.ca with photos and what you're looking for it. I'm stuck paying it out of pocket at this point so cost is also a concern.

Old November 6th, 2013, 05:09 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

If anyone would like to put a 300TDI manifold/exhaust on their Defender 200TDI I have those parts to swap as well. If someone even had parts to loan until I can get another engine shipped over to strip for parts that would save me on this particular job.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
200tdi, tdi