200TDI Injectors - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 14th, 2011, 02:58 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

200TDI Injectors

Does anyone here really understand diesel injectors? I've been trying to get things tuned but I'm not getting as much power as I'd expect and I know I'm getting exhaust-burn before I should when turning up the FIP and I'm wondering how much effect worn/leaking injectors would be having and how to identify what is causing which symptoms. If I could find someone in the southwest who could test/rebuild them that would be great, especially someone who'd show me the process so I could become more familiar with things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 14th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Any diesel shop can test, set and rebuild. Look in the phone book. If you are rebuilding, check ebay.uk as nozzles are MUCH cheaper there...... Rebuild basically equals changing nozzles and plungers (always sold together) and setting the break pressure with shims.

Have you checked timing?
Old January 14th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

My diesel shop can rebuild my 300tdi injectors, but say they aren't able to do my 200tdi ones. Two break points and different inner workings? And I thought they were a pretty good shop? Also the 200 injectors are more expensive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 14th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-200...item3f0688a06c
Old January 15th, 2011, 01:19 AM
DieselDef
Brad Ingalls
1985 Defender

Like John said, most any diesel shop can check the injectors to tell you when there popping and check the pattern. If they need rebuilding then I suggest first checking on landyzone.co.uk forum for the injector rebuild guide, I think it was titled 'injector refurb'. There's a file there that's goes step by step with photos. I'm pretty sure that I saved it. If you want, and I can find it, I'll send it. Then if you want to delve into it, you can find the necessary bits for under $100 per injector if you hunt around a bit. Quite a bit cheaper than trying to find injectors. Rebuilt ones that I found were nearly $200 apiece. The explanation given justifying the expense is that they are a two stage injector.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
200tdi, tdi