Defender Source Forum banner

200Tdi injection fuel return line banjo bolt

Tags
200tdi fuel tdi
9K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  BlackField 
#1 ·
Anyone know the part # for the banjo on the back of a 200tdi fuel injection pump? I put a 200tdi in my 1961 series and the engine is missing this banjo. I have the fuel feed banjo on the top but I need the return fuel banjo with the small pin hole. I can't find a part number anywhere for it. I can find the fuel feed banjo part #STC3597. This is the only thing keeping me from starting this thing up. Here is a schematic of the injection pump. #11 is the fuel feed banjo but no info on the return line banjo.

http://www.allbrit.de/UNI.cfm?PAGE=786569&SPRACHE=EN

Thanks

Evian

#2 ·
It looks like you already have the same info as MicroCat and the old school parts book.

There are two banjo bolts listed on the parts catalog:

ERR866 - BOLT, BANJO
ERR1125 - BOLT, BANJO, FUEL INLET

Not sure how STC3597 plays into it... since you need 3 total (fuel from tank, injector return, spill rail back to tank) I would imagine it's one of the 3 here.

#3 · (Edited)
STC3597 has a very small hole in it, but it says it for a 300TDI,

I stand corrected it is also listed for a 200tdi

Attachments

#4 ·
Yeah I was a little confused because the picture shows it with a small hole but also shows it going where the fees banjo goes. err866 looks to have a large hole but is located in the back. Might just have to order both and see what happens. It may be the same as a Mercedes om617 engine. They both have Bosch fuel injections. I'm going to stop by a local business that rebuilds Bosch injections, maybe they have one laying around. If not ill have to order overseas.

#5 · (Edited)
We can check!

There is a LR 200TDI right next to a Mercedes OM617 in our shop.
What do you want me to check exactly??
Fuel return banjo bolts among the 2 engines?
The size of the hole is only for the pressure bleed out of the pump to prevent air entering and causing fuel starvation at or before start up.
We can pull both banjo bolts and compare with pictures if that will help you...
Is it worth free beer at the next rally?
Real beer, not main stream rice beer!
Belgian Triple or Dog Fish Head...

#6 · (Edited)
are these Banjo bolts available anywhere pre drilled for safety wire? I ate up three titanium bits today trying to get a safety wire hole in one. messed up my safety wire drilling guide a bit too.

Alternatively is there any other way to get the return lines safetied down other than lock tight?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.