Defender Source Forum banner

200tdi (Defender) Radiator Hose Part Numbers

6K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  sonoronos 
#1 ·
I am looking for the lower radiator hose for my 200tdi and I have a problem. The only part number that comes up on Google is ESR536. This is a one-piece hose and absolutely does not fit on my truck. Not only are the hoses the wrong length, but they are also curved in ways that don't connect the engine to the radiator or overflow tank.

My Defender has a three-piece hose. There is a metal tee where all three hoses connect.

I need to replace these hoses but I have no idea what the part number(s) are. Can anyone help? :mad

#3 ·
pics showing your existing setup?

#4 ·
Sounds like you have a Discovery 200TDI fitted to a defender style vehicle and your hoses have been pieced together.

If this is the case, you'll still need Disco hoses and you'll still need to piece them together.

#7 ·
Well, blow me down. It looks like PCH119070:

https://www.google.com/search?q=PCH...sc.aspx%3Fcode%3DPCH119070%26type%3D0;700;700

But that is definitely not the part number for a 200tdi!

I don't think my engine is a disco 200tdi. It has a high turbo and the defender 200tdi timing case/cover.

------ Follow up post added January 27th, 2015 04:08 PM ------

Thanks zack. I'm totally confused. Did something massive change in the Defender 200tdi's that warranted the change?

#11 ·
ESR536, regular hose, ESR1686 with AC (to clear the AC V-belt).

PCH119070 is for the earlier engines.

No clue what is going on in Sonoronos' engine bay....

#13 ·
As you can see, it looks sort of like PCH119070. How is this even possible?

I also have an ESR536 sitting in my office and have tried to fit it on several occasions. Putting it up against the engine, it is pretty much impossible for the ESR536 to connect to the output of the coolant outlet of the engine to the radiator. It just doesn't reach.

#17 ·
Ed:
You have a Defender 200TDI with a custom York style piston driven AC Compressor that looks like someone added as a 1 off.
The good new is those compressors work well.
The bad news is that you need custom pieced together radiator hoses.

#20 ·
I'll quadruple check with the ESR536 part again. I thought I tried it with the oil cooler line to the outside as well as inside but neither configuration really worked.

Thanks Rob, that york is indeed my own OBA compressor/bracket. Shouldn't really interfere with anything though - the hose itself doesn't reach regardless of the compressor belt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.