2-port to 3-port brake master cylinder - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 21st, 2013, 01:23 AM
Miller
Jon Miller
'85 ROW 110 SW

Registry
2-port to 3-port brake master cylinder

I am replacing the worn out brake pedal box on my '85 110 with a new later model unit. The new pedal box will not accept my old brake servo and master cylinder, so I have to change to the later version as well.

The old MC has one port for the front brakes and one for the rear brakes. The newer MC has two ports for the front brakes and one for the rear brakes. Can I just plug one of the front brake ports on the new MC and attach my existing brake pipes to the remaining 2 ports? Does anyone have any experience of doing this on an older 90/110?

- Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 21st, 2013, 09:30 PM
Miller
Jon Miller
'85 ROW 110 SW

Registry
Anyone? I'm hoping to get this wrapped up before the coming weekend, so I can crash the Jeep Jamboree in Andalusia. I may end up trying to somehow fit the old servo and MC to the new pedal box. This would be a bodge job as the bolt patterns are different and I'll need to drill new holes. Even then I'm not sure it will fit. The mounting area for the servo is smaller than the old pedal box and I may not even have room to drill the required holes.

- Jon
Old April 30th, 2013, 04:10 PM
djrover
Dave Johnson
'91 RRC

did u figure this out? I have done this in the past on the trail when i have severed a brake line. i just plugged the port on the m/c feeding the broken line and had no issues.
if i were you though, i would got to advance auto and get a generic brake line and run each front wheel to its own port and then feed the rear as usual. may as well benefit from the added level of protection your new m/c offers. so if you lose 1 front brake you don't lose the whole system.
hope this works...
'01 RR 4.6 HSE - Gone!
'00 Disco 2 - Gone!
'95 Disco 5-Spd - Gone!
'92 RR County SWB - Gone!
'63 2A SWB - Gone!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
brake, master