2.8 Install Question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 15th, 2007, 03:19 PM
fbhd
Grant Patitz
Series 3 Stage 1

2.8 Install Question

Hello, First post but been around for awhile reading the many different threads. Great info and many times has helped alot. My question for you guys is, " Can you direct me to a sight for pictures or info on installing a 2.8 TVG". I have one sitting in my garage from David Jackson waiting to go in a Series 3 Stage 1 Carawagon. But even with the directions some bits are a little shady. The old lump is out and as soon as some other items arrive the project will continue. As of now I have finished the needed bell housing work but that is about it. Any info from folks that have done this would be appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 15th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Chaucer
Will
93 110 | 97 90

Did a quick search...

http://www.pbase.com/dmarchand/28tdi_and_restoration
Old February 15th, 2007, 04:16 PM
fbhd
Grant Patitz
Series 3 Stage 1

Thanks Chaucer! Just what I was lookin' for. Only problem is you found it so quick it kind of makes me feel stupid. HAve a good one and thanks for the reply!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 15th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Chaucer
Will
93 110 | 97 90

nah...just play with the Search function...it really works
Old February 20th, 2007, 08:34 PM
DesertRat
Bryan Barnes
95 D90 2.8TGV

There's a lot of help on this board....

Grant,

I installed the 2.8l TGV from MDE last July in my 95 D90. Usually working by myself
but had my sons help when needed. My first piece of advice is to take the parts lists
and all the parts and do a thorough inventory. It helps if you have the parts in hand
while reading the instructions...makes it easier to visualize. Also make sure you have
the correct coolant expansion tank....if you have the little metal one you'll need the
bigger plastic TDi-style tank. I would also test fit all the exhaust components to the
engine and to their mounting points on the chassis. That gave me fits and I wish I had
done more test fitting before the main event. If you have specific questions it's best
to ask them here on the board...someone always either knows or at least gets you thinking
in the right direction. Failing that send me a private message and I'll call you.

Good luck.
Bryan Barnes
1995 D90 2.8l TGV
Old February 28th, 2007, 12:59 PM
fbhd
Grant Patitz
Series 3 Stage 1

Thanks Bryan! As of now the engine is in but I need to do some fabrication work to get the radiator in as the stage 1 is a bit different from the Defenders. I do have the right expansion tank, but will definitely check the exhaust! I donít like surprises that could cost me time! (I never have enough as is) Did you by chance use the stock gauges or change to the VDO gauges?
Old February 28th, 2007, 01:32 PM
DesertRat
Bryan Barnes
95 D90 2.8TGV

Hello Grant,

Still running the stock gauges but I'll be replacing the temp gauge soon and adding
a EGT gauge. Pendy (also on the board) told me about egauges.com....they seem
to have good prices.

HTH
Bryan
Old February 28th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Grover
Mike
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon

Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat
Hello Grant,

Still running the stock gauges but I'll be replacing the temp gauge soon and adding
a EGT gauge. Pendy (also on the board) told me about egauges.com....they seem
to have good prices.

HTH
Bryan
I just installed VDO Cockpit Series Oil Pressure and Volt Meter gauges. I purchased them from egauges.com Quick delivery, very informative and great prices!

Cheers...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions