2.5TD Lucas CAV banjo bolt - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 6th, 2014, 08:31 AM
grapplerdan
Dan
1989 110 CSW 200TDi--now with 19J

2.5TD Lucas CAV banjo bolt

I am in the middle of a swap, taking out the 200TDi of my 1989 110 CSW and putting in a 19J in order to take it stateside. Have everything cahnged over, and it has been a nightmare. All but the vacuum line from the Lucas CAV to the turbo. I am missing one Banjo Bolt... Anyone know what bolt to order or where to get one? I really need to finish this before I am trying to ship it at the end of May...
Exercise ferments the humors, casts them into their proper channels, throws off redundancies, and helps nature..., without it, the body cannot subsist in its vigor, nor the soul act with cheerfulness.
Joseph Addison (1672 - 1719)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapplerdan View Post
I am in the middle of a swap, taking out the 200TDi of my 1989 110 CSW and putting in a 19J in order to take it stateside. Have everything cahnged over, and it has been a nightmare. All but the vacuum line from the Lucas CAV to the turbo. I am missing one Banjo Bolt... Anyone know what bolt to order or where to get one? I really need to finish this before I am trying to ship it at the end of May...
fyi It doesn't need to run to get past customs, just has to be the right lump under the hood.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 6th, 2014, 09:23 AM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Dan:
I am no expert on the 19J as we take them out as well.
As a general tip most banjo bolts are common to more than 1 make and model.
If you get the size, say 6, 8, 10, 12, or 14mm and thread pitch, say 1.0, 1.25, 1.5, then the local dealership or parts supplier may be able to match it up if it's a common application.
Some banjo bolts have smaller than usual openings in order to meter, so this is also something to note.

The 200TDI also has a number of banjo bolts and if you are lucky, one will fit.
That's about all the general advice I have as we do not have a parts list for the 19J, although there may be a parts list online that will provide a part number and you could order one locally from a shop or dealer.

Newman has become the king of the 12J, 14J, and 19J, so he may be able to send you the part number you seek.
I sent him a PM directing him here.

Sorry it has been a challenge.

Hope this helps.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
It is not clear in the parts catalog. Possibly ETC7091

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old May 6th, 2014, 02:40 PM
grapplerdan
Dan

Thanks all! That is a great help. Glad to hear it doesn't have to be running ro clear customs. The 200tdi was the only thing not original, so the swap back to 19J will match up everything and I can take her stateside. Looks like we will be heading to Ft Benning and not to Ft Carson like we thought. I'll have time and space to work on it at Benning. The plan is to drive her a while and then strip her down for a frame up restoration after about 18-months.

The banjo bolt is a 5/8inch bolt and nothing on the 200tdi will work. I'll try the recommended bolt. I'll let you know how it works out. I really appreciate all the help! I would be lost if it weren't for this forum.
Exercise ferments the humors, casts them into their proper channels, throws off redundancies, and helps nature..., without it, the body cannot subsist in its vigor, nor the soul act with cheerfulness.
Old May 7th, 2014, 08:05 AM
ranewman
Rick Newman
85 Defender 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
It is not clear in the parts catalog. Possibly ETC7091
I agree. Its not really all that clear, but this is what I would go with. I am digging around looking if there is one you could "rob" from somewhere else. I will advise.

I you don't come up with something....try a "ag" or tractor repair shop. Some of the elder mechanics have boxes full of spare stuff that could be usable. Don't ask me how I know......
97 Disco SD "Emma" (250k and going strong)
95 P38 "Gus" RIP
99 P38 Callaway Edition #106 RIP
85 Defender 110 2.5NA "Margret"
01 D2 SE7 "Cuzn It" (blown up POS)
03 D2 SE "Fred"
Hoarder of 2.5 NAD parts
"In God we trust. Everyone else keep their fucking hands where they can be seen."
Old May 8th, 2014, 12:35 PM
diesel_jim
Jamie Austin
1992 110 Td5 CSW & 1989 MB G-Wagen

Indeed that is the correct part number.

Just looked on microcat on the "cross parts" listing to see what other LR stuff uses it... nada! it's only on that FiP....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	banjo.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	94560  
Old May 12th, 2014, 02:41 PM
grapplerdan
Dan

Thanks again everyone. Part is ordered and should get it and finish hopefully by next weekend. Can't wait yo get her stateside and truly work to rebuild her.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions