2.5 petrol to 300 Tdi question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 15th, 2014, 09:32 AM
RiftRover
Mike Barnett

2.5 petrol to 300 Tdi question

Will be working on a conversion this week with a friend. There is a lot of info out there about the motor mounts being relocated and I've got mounts coming from Oliver that include the jig to locate properly. What I haven't found it much info on the transmission/t-case mounts. I assume these have to move also since the rear driveshaft for a Tdi is a different length. Anyone have any specific info on this? It shouldn't be difficult to locate the mounts once the engine mounts are in but I'm wondering if we use the original petrol bolt on brackets or if the factory setup is different for a 300 tdi truck?

Thanks, Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 15th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
300 tdi /r380 combo uses a different crossmember and the t case mount is on that cross member. You will also need r380 floors, tunnel adapter for the bulkhead and tunnel and a custom adapter for the seatbox or will have make some in the field modifications. the floors,tunnel, and set box issue are wht many choose to mount the 300 in the 200 tdi position and bolt it to the lt77.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 15th, 2014, 11:07 AM
RiftRover
Mike Barnett

Thanks Doug. We've got the Tdi version floors, tunnel and seatbox so should be covered there. Have the crossmember too but it doesn't have integral mounts. Were there different versions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 15th, 2014, 11:13 AM
johan
johan
2009 Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
.......are wht many choose to mount the 300 in the 200 tdi position and bolt it to the lt77.

I thought difficult for a LHD, turbo interfering with steering linkage. Not 100% sure anymore, is so long ago.

I did it before by using a LT77 with long bell housing (Disco) and stick/shifting from a Defender. Brings the engine almost in the same position as original 300Tdi set up. You can use all the standard hoses and don't have to modify anything to the interior or seat box.
I did it without welding to the frame, just made some new supports to the engine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
300 tdi, tdi