1st really cold weather questions - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 20th, 2004, 08:06 AM
mspell
Michael Spellman

1st really cold weather questions

When starting up the truck, the oil lamp stayed on for about 5secs. Is this a normal condition caused by the 10degree F temp outside?

Also, has anyone replace the bearing on the most forward pulley attached to the crankshaft(I think it drives the water pump)? Mine is starting to rattle a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 20th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Yep, it is something kinda common to Rovers when they are real cold. What weight oil are you running?

Are you talking about the tensioner pulley or the pulley right on the water pump? If the tensioner we did talk about replacing the bearing and I was going to try, but in the end I just replaced it, then I was going to rebuild the old as a spear, but now I am putting the 4.0 in I won't need it. If it is the water pump then you need to replace the hole pump.
Old December 20th, 2004, 11:56 AM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

and you just happen to have one or two spare Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 20th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Man, the cold comes out and so do the odd problems.

Blew the fuse for my wipers last night on the way home from work..... and of course I don't have ANY 15amp spares right now.

But that's ok, because when the doors get all icy on my Station Wagon, the button gets stuck IN so the door won't latch shut again.

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old December 20th, 2004, 12:45 PM
mspell
Michael Spellman

The pulley I'm referring to is the one off of the crank that drives *I think* either the fan or the water pump. It's about 6" in diameter. Looking at the motor, it's at 6:00 o'clock, whereas the water pump is at 11:00 & the tensioner at 9:00.
Old December 20th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

um you are describing the pulley on the end of the crank shaft, there is a bit of work involved in replacing that. I bet it is the tensioner pulley or water pump. Loosen the belt up and spin the pulleys by hand to find the problem.
Old December 20th, 2004, 08:40 PM
mspell
Michael Spellman

Nope, I'm the guy who posted the step by step on how to rebuild the tensioner pulley a few mos ago, & I also just replaced my water pump in August, so I know it's not either of those. I've identified it as the one off the crankshaft, so if anyone knows how to R&R I'm all ears.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions