1997, D90 50,000 miles or less - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 25th, 2005, 08:54 AM
JMPDIV82
Gregg O'Neill
97/D90

1997, D90 50,000 miles or less

I am doing something I have sworn I would never do; Sell my 4Runner. Over the weekend my wife and I were looking for a toy at the Steelership when she noticed a used D90. To my surprise she fell in love with the machine. It did not surprise me that see really like the D90 but I was surprised that I was willing to part with my very off road worthy 4Runnner..... Long story short..... I am now actively seeking a D90. I am hoping you all can direct me to a website, place or person willing to depart with their D90. I have been stalking eBay and a few other places under the impression that I would get a better deal from a private sale. I am reluctant/willing to pursue a reputable D90 dealer. Here is what I am looking for.

Year: 1997 D90

Color: Red, Yellow

Mileage: under 50,000

Mods: limited. The closer to OEM the better, Hard and soft top included in the sale

Location: Anywhere in CONUS, I am willing to pay for the shipping

Please let me know if you can help. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 25th, 2005, 09:20 AM
jblieb
john

have you looked in the forum vehicles for sale on this website. I have a 97 Red d-90 for sale with 57,000 miles. You WILL NOT find a better truck and it is one of less than 100 red 97 d-90's out there.

you can reach me at john@neadatacenter.com

john
Old October 25th, 2005, 10:27 AM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

what dealership had that 90? i might go look at it just for kicks.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 25th, 2005, 11:51 AM
JMPDIV82
Gregg O'Neill
97/D90

D90 in DC Metro

It's located at the New Jag/Range Rover Steeler, Chantilly Auto Park. Just off Rte 50.

Some lady from Middleburg traded the D90 in last week. It appears the D90 spent some serious time outside in Nantucket (off-road State park stickers on bumper). The frame is showing some serious rust, Paint is oxidized and the interior looks like at has not been cleaned in years. Bottom-line: The D90 was neglected. The dealer is looking to sell it for over 50,000. I guess someone will jump on it with only 8,000 miles on it...

Old October 25th, 2005, 12:29 PM
sheki
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

Has the dealer been hanging out with former Mayor Marion Barry? $50k for a neglected 8 year old truck. 8,000 mi or not... you have to think the truck has probably only had 2-3 oil changes in the last 8 years. I would rather buy a truck with miles and service records than some "sounds good on paper" low milage neglected truck.
A wang is another word for, you guessed it, A DICK!

Nothing racist, just pure DICK!
Old October 25th, 2005, 12:41 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Huh must be tucked away some place out of sight. I drove by yestersday on my way to the ford dealer. I should go see what they'll give me for my maintained yet used hard 90.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 25th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMPDIV82
I am doing something I have sworn I would never do; Sell my 4Runner. Over the weekend my wife and I were looking for a toy at the Steelership when she noticed a used D90. To my surprise she fell in love with the machine. It did not surprise me that see really like the D90 but I was surprised that I was willing to part with my very off road worthy 4Runnner..... Long story short..... I am now actively seeking a D90. I am hoping you all can direct me to a website, place or person willing to depart with their D90. I have been stalking eBay and a few other places under the impression that I would get a better deal from a private sale. I am reluctant/willing to pursue a reputable D90 dealer. Here is what I am looking for.

Year: 1997 D90

Color: Red, Yellow

Mileage: under 50,000

Mods: limited. The closer to OEM the better, Hard and soft top included in the sale

Location: Anywhere in CONUS, I am willing to pay for the shipping

Please let me know if you can help. Thanks
You really need to research your low mileage truck prior to purchase. I bought a 97 with minimal miles on it - under 2k 4 years ago. Needed a lot of gaskets and seals replaced because it sat. Took better half of two years sorting it out. The entire truck is leak free now, but it was painful getting htere.

A higher mileage well maintained truck is what your looking for. Miles mean nothing. The PO migt not have changed the oil once and cheaped out on everything. But hey, it's under 50k miles and waiting for your check book.

If your really bent on getting a low mile truck, Copley has great ones but you'll pay dearly for them.
Old October 25th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Troys
Troy Smith
1995 D90 SW

Gregg

A friend of mine has a 1997 SW Alpine White for sale. 48,000 miles. Very nice, clean truck. It is posted under Vehicles for Sale on this board. Let me know if I can help.

Troy
Old October 25th, 2005, 10:34 PM
TexasD-90
Martin Spencer
1994 D-90

here

you might try

www.landroversforsale.com

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
1997, 90, 97, d90