1997 D-90 fuel pump wiring diagram - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 15th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Tyler Wirken
Tyler Wirken
1997 Defender 90 LE

1997 D-90 fuel pump wiring diagram

Anyone know what wires do what on a 1997 D-90 fuel pump harness?

I am needing to find out which wires are what on a 1997 D-90 fuel pump wire harness.

I am 90% sure but wanted to verify with someone who knows or if someone has a wiring diagram that can look for me.

On the fuel pump plug there are 4 wires. A white with purple tracer, a green with black tracer and two black wires.

I am pretty certain the white with purple tracer is the fuel pump power and the green with black tracer is the fuel gauge level indicator. The remaining two blacks are the grounds for each. On the plug I assume the top two are the fuel level and the bottom two are the fuel pump. I looked at the back of the fuel gauge and there is a green with a black tracer so that is pretty certain.

Anyone got a diagram they can look at to verify for me?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 15th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Tyler Wirken
Tyler Wirken
1997 Defender 90 LE

Well never mind. I found my entire set of wiring diagrams! I was correct in my assumption so all is good.

By the way for the record if anyone needs any help with 1997 D-90 wiring I got it. I have all the diagrams including a book explaining circuit operations step by step.

Just an FYI
Old September 3rd, 2012, 02:02 AM
sajeme
Brent Smith
1997 D-90 SW

1997 D-90 Wiring Diagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Wirken View Post
Well never mind. I found my entire set of wiring diagrams! I was correct in my assumption so all is good.

By the way for the record if anyone needs any help with 1997 D-90 wiring I got it. I have all the diagrams including a book explaining circuit operations step by step.

Just an FYI
Hi Tyler,
I have a 1997 D-90 SW. The fuel pump appeared to not be working but when I checked the harness at the tank (purple/white and black) I didn't see 12VDC. WHen I turn on the ignition a realy on the end of the dash, passengers side, just clicks about once every 2-3 seconds. The starter also delays for 5 seconds and then turns over. No pump though. I have read that the fuel pump relay is under the hood under the white box passengers side. Would you mind sending me a copy of the wiring diagram and book please. My email address is sajeme@yahoo.com. Thanks, Brent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 3rd, 2012, 01:44 AM
ember
ember bane

I am having similar fuel pump problems and would love to have a copy of the wiring diagram as well. if possible please email to me at: emberbane@hotmail.com
take care and thanks,
e

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
1997, 90, 97, d-90, fuel, wiring