Finally got it all fixed just a day ago. What a mess that was.
I learned a lot but man it sucked.
Turns out when I took it apart 6 years ago I never covered the lines with tape and crap got in there and plugged the expansion valve. So we decided to put in a new expansion valve and drier. Easier said than done. The expansion valve was not bad but you had to remove the evaporator to do it. That was the hardest part. Trying to get the large diameter line to break loose took the mechanic 4 hours of time to not succeed and then my dad and his buddy all day to finally get it free. It is where the copper line meets the aluminum line. Totally seized. But they got it. Out comes the entire unit from under the dash. Once the evaporator was out of the case we could see where the water leak was coming from. There is a glob of silicone just inside where the drain hose hooks on. It was peeling up thus allowing water to get past it and leak onto the foot well. Plus I think the plastic was cracked around the drain hole as well. A little epoxy and more silicone and we are good to go.
Then came the most rediculous part of the entire thing. The drier. Turns out replacement driers are easy to find but the thread where the pressure switch screws into the drier is now 3/8-24 but the thread on the switch is M10 1.5. there is a new switch available but it is $400. Unreal. So after buying two driers, one of which was from a Land Rover aftermarket parts retailer we had to end up fabricating a custom adapter to be able to use the original switch. I called the company up and asked about the issue and while very nice about it they had no clue. They said no one had ever returned one they bought or called with a complaint. I found that hard to believe. So not sure what was up with mine. But it is all factory.
Anyway, made that adapter and got it all up and running finally. Only to now have 75 degree weather and not need it.
Here is a photo of the adapter we made. We took a 3/8-24 brake line fastener and welded a jam nut onto it. Then took an M10 flange nut and welded the brake line fastener to that. Viola! Perfect.