1995 NAS Fuel Issues - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 1st, 2011, 02:37 PM
William Sloan
1995 Defender 90 NAS
1995 NAS Fuel Issues

I have two problems if anyone could be so kind as to help me:

When my a/c is switched on and the compressor is NOT engaged, my Defender won't idle and stalls. When the compressor is on, no problems. All a/c relays and the idle air control valve (stepper motor) are new.

Secondly, when the fuel level gets below a quarter of a tank, the engine tends to sputter and I can hear the fuel pump whining irregularly. Above a quarter tank, the fuel pump is quiet and she runs great (unless the a/c is on! :P).

I appreciate anyone's thoughts on these issues!

Old July 1st, 2011, 04:49 PM
Kevin Judice
'95 D90 SW Coniston Green
I'm having exactly the same problem re performance going to hell at or below a quarter tank...'95 NAS. It's in the shop now so they can drop the tank and look at the fuel pump and hoses. Will let you know what they find.

In the meantime, if someone on the forum who knows what they're doing suggests that the problem is something simple and cheap I'm going to feel like an idiot.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

1995, 95, fuel, nas