1995 Door too stuck. Yes I have tried that! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 8th, 2017, 06:12 PM
bluegrassAV8R
Aaron
1995 NAS 90 ST

1995 Door too stuck. Yes I have tried that!

1995 D90 ST and the top of the doors will not come off. I have read all the threads and tried everything suggested. The doors have been soaking for a month. I have tapped on they for a month and tried prying them up for a month. It's just destroying the top of the door. Has anyone ever taken a riciprocating saw and cut between the top and the door capping? Basically cut through the stud. There is a gap there where the seal has been removed during the process.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 8th, 2017, 07:10 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassAV8R View Post
1995 D90 ST and the top of the doors will not come off. I have read all the threads and tried everything suggested. The doors have been soaking for a month. I have tapped on they for a month and tried prying them up for a month. It's just destroying the top of the door. Has anyone ever taken a riciprocating saw and cut between the top and the door capping? Basically cut through the stud. There is a gap there where the seal has been removed during the process.

Thanks
Go rent an electric induction heater (bolt buster) and get it glowing hot...

Or just buy one, because you will need it down the road.
Old July 8th, 2017, 08:54 PM
CUtiger06
Wes
'94 Arles #1741, '94 Portofino #86

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassAV8R View Post

Thanks
Yup! I finally got a small gap in mine and took a saw to the studs. Replaced the studs with some new stainless and all has been well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 8th, 2017, 09:04 PM
ron
Ron
1995 110 Beach Runner

cutting will work but
,,,,, can you pull the plastic sleeves?

I assume you pulled the door panels and have soaked the studs.....

try putting a nut on the end of studs and giving a couple of good taps with rubber hammer... make sure to protect interior door with something that will absorb impact...

if you don't care about the door tops try a pickle fork...
Old July 10th, 2017, 12:34 PM
bluegrassAV8R
Aaron
1995 NAS 90 ST

Finally got the passenger side off. Nothing seamed to work so I cut them off. I Drilled them out and used an extractor to remove the studs. Not the ideal scenario but these things where Not budging. Ordering the stainless ones from AB. Thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
1995, 95, door