1994 NAS Defender 90 engine question - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 23rd, 2013, 01:13 PM
javelinadave
-
-

And you thought you would get a yes - no answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 23rd, 2013, 01:38 PM
Ray Bone
Ray Bone
defender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
Cost depends on how you source the engine. Since this engine was used here in the States, you should be able to find someone who could rebuild a 4.6 for you. Another option is the Turner Engineering remanufactured 4.6. It's more expensive but you're getting a quality product for your money. I bought my remanufactured 300 Tdi from them. They airfreight with DHL over here; mine was shipped on a Friday and was in Seattle on Monday morning. http://turner-engineering.co.uk/html...inesreman.html You'll need ancillaries for that motor but any independent LR mechanic should be able to supply those and do the install. The dealer will rape you on any engine swap and their work will be no better (possibly worse) than the indy guys. Evilfj can provide the details, I'm sure.
Chris

How's the turner engine? Is it worth it?

Thanks. Bowie
Old November 23rd, 2013, 01:42 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

The nice thing about the remanufactured ones is they use the t-top liner which will prevent the liner from dropping in the future even if you overheat the motor.

Robert Deniro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 23rd, 2013, 08:38 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
take your 3.9 to a competent machine shop and get them to look at it. there is a plenty of room for improvement at a fraction of the cost
Old November 24th, 2013, 01:00 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Bone View Post
How's the turner engine? Is it worth it?
It's still sitting in its crate. I'm going to start the swap soon, once the rest of the ancillaries get here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions